AFG – The Consulting Broker
What Is The Difference Between a Broker and a Consultant?
An employer will typically seek direction for their employee benefit plans from two different types of advisors: traditional brokers and consultants. Austin Financial Group has developed a comprehensive process that combines the insurance services of a broker with the enhanced procedures of a consultant.
As a Consulting Broker, Austin Financial Group provides clients with solutions tailored to their industry, locale, competitive market and budget. The advantages of both brokers and consultants are combined, while minimizing or eliminating the disadvantages.
Additional benefits for our clients are generated through the synergy of brokering and consulting skills:
- Single-source benefits experts
- Needs-based solutions focus
- Formalization of benefit processes
- Value is measured by overall results
Traditional brokers are typically
- Product experts
- Focused on lowering the cost of insurance
- Focused on meeting basic compliance regulations
Consultants tend to
- Possess high level of expertise
- Utilize benchmarking and analysis
- Strategic planning